The South Burnett Timber Industry Museum located in Wondai turns 20 years old this November!
To celebrate, Discover South Burnett are hosting an Historical Photograph Competition portraying the region’s timber industry. The photo competition will showcase the history and evolution of the timber industry over the past 100 years in the South Burnett.
We are looking for photos that depict the historical reality of the timber industry over time and build a digitized image collection for generations to come.
Do you have photos of timber getters or bullock teams? People at work or much-loved places in the South Burnett tied to the timber industry? The photos can be artistic, gritty, smiley or candid. No matter their condition, if you have them, we would love to see them.
How to enter:
- Find photos of the South Burnett timber industry over the past 100 years. All photos must be captured in the South Burnett region.
- Fill in the Historical Photograph Competition Entry Form
- Include a title and short description of the people and places depicted in the photograph and their relationship with the South Burnett timber industry
- Submit the scanned photo, short description and entry form by emailing email@example.com with the subject line including “Attn: Tourism Officer – Historical Photograph Competition November 2021”.
- Alternatively, visit the South Burnett Timber Industry Museum at 80 Haly Street Wondai to submit your photos and entry form.
- Submit all entries by 5pm Monday 22 November 2021.
Winners will be announced at the South Burnett Timber Industry Museum’s 20th Birthday celebration in Wondai on Wednesday 24 November 2021. The winner will receive a locally handmade timber bowl valued at $100.
All entries will be published in an historical photo album to be displayed at the Wondai Timber Museum.
For full terms and conditions, see below;
For further information contact Council’s Tourism Officer on 1300 789 279, 07 4189 9100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.