The town is located on the intersection of the Burnett, Bunya and Wide Bay Highways, 235 kilometres from Brisbane.
Goomeri is a tiny town located north-east of Murgon famous for its annual Pumpkin Festival. Held on the last Sunday in May, the festival lights up the town with working demonstrations, market stalls, all day entertainment and the ever popular ‘Great Australian Pumpkin Roll.’
Take a stroll through Goomeri and you will find the Heritage Centre which is full of fascinating displays and visitors information. The Memorial Clock which can be found in the centre of town has a distinctive clockface, the concrete memorial honours the nine local men who fell in the First World War and the twelve who fell in the Second World War.
Also noteworthy is the Hall of Memory, a fine example of 1920s timber architecture. Goomeri Hall of Memory is a heritage-listed war memorial hall which was opened in 1926 to commemorate all those from the district who had served in World War I, but this dedication has since been extended to also honour all those who have served in subsequent wars.
Not far east of town, a turnoff from the Wide Bay Highway leads to the Kinbombi Falls, with walking tracks and steps leading down to the creek below the falls.
On the outskirts of Goomeri you will find Springbrook Farm a 2500 acre operating crop and cattle property. The family owned property offers visitors a unique chance to experience working life on a farm. Visitors can choose between bush camping or country style B & B. The more adventurous can choose between 4wd driving, motorcycling or horseback riding.
Things to do
- Goomeri boasts all the regular sporting and recreational clubs – Golf Club, Bowls Club, Skate Park & Swimming Pool.
- Visit the iconic “Pumpkin Pie Coffee Shop” and enjoy fresh homemade pumpkin fare.
- Every year the town hosts “The Great Australian Pumpkin Roll” at the iconic Pumpkin Festival held on the last Sunday in May.
- Giddy up and gallop in to the Goomeri Emporium filled with all the latest western wear.
- Take in the spectacular view of the Kinbombi Falls located just outside of Goomeri